The IT Security module covers the main skills and knowledge needed for the secure use of ICT in everyday settings, at home and at work.
For individuals and organisations, it is important to understand good practice in maintaining a secure network connection, using the internet safely and securely, and managing data and information. This module covers concepts around secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
As data and information are valuable, having the appropriate knowledge, skills, and awareness to protect them is beneficial in a wide range of job roles. The IT Security module helps workers and employers protect these crucial resources.
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.