Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification covers the basics of computer networking. CCENT certified technicians understand the essential networking topics, such as network security & threat mitigation, IP addressing, and routed & switched networks. CCENTs can install, operate, configure & troubleshoot networks for a small branch office.
CCENT certified professionals can:
- Describe the operation of data networks and the functions of various network devices;
- Implement small switched networks and explain the operation of Cisco switches;
- Implement small routed networks and describe the operation of Cisco routers;
- Configure IP addressing schemes and IP services for a small branch office;
- Connect, configure, and verify the operational status of a network device interface;
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN;
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general threat mitigation methods;
- Implement and verify WAN links and describe the methods for connecting to a WAN.